The Sound of AI brings you a job opportunity from one of the most exciting music tech companies around.
Audio Programmer – Music Education
- Canada / Vietnam
- Fully remote possible
If you’re working fully remote, you should be available to liaise with teams in Canada / Vietnam.
You’ll be hired by Amanotes. Amanotes is a fast-growing startup in the music-tech industry. Amanotes seeks to delight people with interactive music experiences. Since 2014, 30+ music games and mobile applications were published under Amanotes’ name with over 2 billions downloads worldwide and 120+ million monthly active users. In 2019, Amanotes was proudly listed as the #1 mobile apps publisher from Southeast Asia, the #1 music games publisher in the world, and one of the top 20 mobile apps publishers in the world across all categories.
About Business Unit – Amanotes Music Education
Learning musical instruments can be stressful for adult learners as traditional methods are inconvenient and costly, while e-learning tends to be one-size-fit-all and doesn’t meet individual goals and interests. With the vision “Everyone Can Music”, Amanotes aims to bridge such a gap by redesigning e-learning experience to accommodate every learner’s needs and enable them to achieve their musical dream faster and easier
You will extract and analyze information embedded in audio signals; and create real-time algorithms on mobile applications to make more accurate and reliable inputs for the sound recognition machine learning models.
What you will do
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Mobile Developers and AI Engineers to analyze, design, develop and implement real-time signal processing algorithms on mobile applications to improve model’s accuracy and latency with:
- Spectrogram optimization;
- Noise cancellation and echo removal;
- Hardware detection.
- Setting up and designing experiments to gather necessary data for development or to test algorithms.
- Provide analysis of data that is statistically and scientifically meaningful.
- Research and implement state of the art signal processing techniques and algorithms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Music Tech or a related field and industry experience.
- Having practical experience in applying basic DSP (digital signal processing) algorithms (FIR, IIR, FFT, etc.) on real-time audio-related applications.
- Having knowledge in advanced DSP algorithms such as adaptive linear filter, least mean square optimization, independent component analysis, hidden markov model, etc.
- Understanding the figure of merits used to evaluate the whole process performance such as latency, computational complexity, SNR, etc.
- Experience with tools such as MATLAB, Linux, Mathematica, Simulink – and languages such as Python, C/C++, Java etc.
Will be a plus
- Experience in real-time digital signal processing on mobile.
- Having previously published papers (conference, journal) related to audio processing is a big plus.
- Having knowledge of musical theory is also a big plus.
- Experience working with AI (audio / music) applications, especially polyphonic music transcription.
- Experience implementing and optimizing machine learning-based signal processing algorithms.
- Experience in Music Information Retrieval.
- Understanding of mobile devices’ audio components.
- You love music and music-related products.
- You can play at least 1 instrument.
- Contract type is flexible. You can be hired as employee or freelancer.
- The position is long term.
This is a full-time position.
EUR 110K to 140K depending on experience / skills.
How to apply
Please send an email to Valerio Velardo at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- (Short) cover letter
- GitHub page
- LinkedIn profile
Expect to hear back from Valerio both in case of negative / positive response in a few days. If the initial screening is positive, you’ll be invited to an interview with Valerio.
Want to hire AI audio talent for your company?
Check out the AI Audio Talent Sourcing page to learn more.