My work helps you with 5 problems. I’m primarily focused on music tech companies, but all companies with a focus on audio (e.g., voice, speech, sound) can benefit:
- You have decided to build a new product powered by AI audio / music technology. Maybe you don’t have in-house AI audio talent. Perhaps you don’t know where to start researching the solution, nor you know how to develop the product and bring it to production. Solution for AI Audio R&D.
- You need a single (technical) consulting session to clear your doubts regarding an AI audio / music project you’re working on. Perhaps you need expert input on what you’ve built, or need to know which technical direction is the most promising. Single AI Audio Consulting Session.
- You need to hire an AI audio engineer or build a full team from scratch, but don’t know where to find AI audio / music experts. Maybe you are not sure about what skills you should look for in potential candidates, nor have the knowledge to evaluate them. Solution for AI Audio Talent Sourcing.
- You are developing an AI audio / music product with your team of generalist data scientists. Perhaps your AI team doesn’t have sufficient expertise in AI audio / Music Information Retrieval. Maybe your team requires continued guidance / mentoring to research, design, and implement the product. Or it requires expert feedback on what they have already built. Solution for AI Audio Knowledge Transfer.
- You want to devise an AI audio strategy, but don’t know what’s possible nor how to organise a realistic R&D plan, which accounts for your resources. Solution for AI Audio Strategy.
Why am I not just another AI consultant?
- I live and breathe AI audio / music. My focus is AI audio / music. I have more than 10 years of experience researching and developing AI audio solutions (from generative music to voice classification, and all there is in between).
- I consulted and developed AI audio / music products for numerous music tech and entertainment companies. A few of them: Loopmasters, Sayso, Carepath Tech, Musimap, Groovecat, DJ Swivel, NowHere Media, Kevin Mack Art.
- I know all aspects involved in AI audio/ music. I have a PhD in AI Music. I’m a musician: pianist since I was 6 year old, composer since my teens, conductor since my 20s. I have been involved with AI and programming since I was a teen. I have studied physics at degree level, and have published research in music cognition.
- I founded and led as CEO an AI music startup (Melodrive), which I sold in 2020 and brought me to Silicon Valley.
- I share my knowledge on AI audio / music on my YouTube channel (The Sound of AI).
- I founded and currently run the largest AI audio / music community in the world, with 10K+ subscribers on my YouTube channel, and more than 2K members on The Sound of AI Slack group. Because of this, I have access to the largest pool of AI audio / music talent in the world.
- I have experience planning and leading large R&D projects with hundreds of researchers. I’ve founded and am currently running OpenSource Research with The Sound of AI community. This is one of the first research projects following the principles of open source and crowdsourcing, that features hundreds of researchers with different skill levels. Learn more about OpenSource Research.
Want to learn more about me?
One of my core values is sharing knowledge about AI audio / music for free. For this reason, I created:
- The Sound of AI YouTube channel. Learn more about The Sound of AI and see if it can help you.
- An open community focused on AI audio / music on Slack. Learn more about The Sound of AI Slack group.
Join my newsletter
Receive a couple of emails a month with insights, tools, events, and videos focused on:
- how to carry out AI audio / music projects
- how to build a great AI audio / music team
- how to develop an effective AI audio / music strategy